PENMART01

Default Slowcooking a WHOLE turkey

>Taffy Stoker belched:
>
>I have a 9 pound whole turkey defrosting in the fridge and a
>6 quart slowcooker I want to cook it in.
>
>I've never done this before.
>
>Any ideas on recipes, spices or seasonings to use?
>
>The turkey will be cooked unstuffed btw.

Aside from the fact that a 9lb bird will probably not fit (or barely fit) into
a 6qt vessel a slow cooker will require far more time than will maintain safe
parameters before reaching safe temperature... I'd recommend either cutting the
bird into small chunks or abandon your fercocktah brain fart. Don't you have a
regular oven to use or do you take some macabre pleasue in advertising your
airheadedness? Duh!

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon