aem

Me wrote:
> please help.. I'm looking for a VERY authentic taco seasoning

recipe..
> I've tried many off the 'net but they ALL seem to taste like a

typical
> package mix. Please help! Thank you group...

"Authentic" doesn't really mean anything in this context. Go to a
taquer=EDa in Mexico and there will be several kinds of fillings for
tacos: carne asada, lengua, al pastor, carnitas, etc. Each cooked and
seasoned differently, of course.

If you're going to fry some hamburger and want to give it Mexican type
flavors, this would get you close, after which keep experimenting until
you like it:

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 medium white onion, chopped
2 small jalape=F1o peppers, minced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground comino (cumin)
2 tsp. chili powder

You could also use tinned roast beef, by shredding the beef, cooking
the onion and above seasonings, then stirring in the beef. -aem