Joseph Littleshoes

jmcquown wrote:

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
> >
> > I have recently become addicted to a commercial product called
> > "Zatarans Creole seasoning" added to the breading mix it produces a

> > very good flavour. It does have MSG as an ingredient though.
> > ---
> > Joseph Littleshoes

> I like Zatarain's Fish Fry seasoning. It can be used with chicken,
> vegetables, etc., not just fish, and nets a nice crispy result,
> already
> seasoned. I haven't tried it with "oven frying" yet but I will soon.
>
> Jill

I had seen the packaged products, rice, red beans, fish fry etc. but had
never tried them, but a few weeks ago a local market started carrying
the "Zatarain's" creole seasoning for $1.50 and i thought to give it a
try.

I had not thought of using it as anything other than a flavouring agent
(great on scrambled eggs) for which it works very well. But due to your
post i liberally sprinkled a whole chicken with it after rubbing the
chicken with butter. Roasted the chicken and made a sauce from the pan
drippings and was very pleased.

I am going to have to give their other products a try.
---
JL