Old 17-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Ken Blake

In ups.com,
MaguroMark typed:

Hey people.
I ordered White Tuna at a Thai restaurant here in Texas and was
served
five wedges of sashimi. Two days later I felt like an oil well
was
discovered in my bowels.

Then that was probably escolar.

After a week or so of wondering what the hell was going on, I
visited
a Sake Cafe here and ordered the White Tuna, was served two
wedges of
sashimi and was fine for the following week.

And that was probably *not* escolar, but some other fish.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

I wonder if restaurants are serving White Tuna/Escolar that is
from
different suppliers, and if so, is that possible? Can there be
two
distinct White Tuna species?
Sorry for the obvious dumb question......

Mark