Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> Last night after I had finished loading dirty glasses and dishes to my
> Whirlpool dishwasher, I closed the dishwasher door and heard glass
> breaking sound. I opened the door and realized that a small glass was
> broken inside the dishwasher. I tried my best to pick up most broken
> glass pieces inside the dishwasher. However, it's really hard because
> some of those broken pieces were very tiny and they looked like water
> drop inside the dishwasher. I then ran two full cycles of dishwashing
> in an attempt to rinse all those broken pieces out from dishwasher.
>
> Still, I'm a bit worried if there are still any remanining pieces of
> broken glasses inside the dishwasher. Even though the remaining pieces
> may be small , the result will be very bad if any of them got into the
> dish or cup in the future.
>
> What's the best way to ensure that all of the broken glass pieces have
> been cleaned up from the dishwasher? Do I really need to call a
> professional technican to do this job?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice / suggestion

If your Whirlpool is like my Kitchen Aid (probably exactly the same motor),
take out the bottom rack. You should be able to remove the bottom wash arm
by unscrewing a nut on the top of the arm. You can lift it out, and then
there should be a removable rubber strainer that encircles the wash arm.
Remove that. You should be able to use a shop vac to suck up any broken
glass. The solid waste disposal in the dishwasher will probably just grind
up the bit you miss and pump them away.