Mark Lipton

Timothy Hartley wrote:

>>Yes, the Morgon village area (note spelling) is renowned for the most
>>storage-worthy wines of Beaujolais.

> Some people would say that good Moulin pipped even good Morgon for keeping
> though in January 2004 I drank a 1985 Morgon which was wonderful.

You echo my own thoughts, Timothy. I think that, historically, M-a-V
was viewed as being the most serious and ageworthy Cru, with Morgon a
close second. However, the rarity of good M-a-V has perhaps damaged its
reputation in recent years/decades.

Mark Lipton

p.s. Whose '85 did you have?

p.p.s. When I was visiting Beaujolais in '01, a vigneron there told me
of recently opening a '47 Fleurie that he said was delicious and still
alive.