Dawn

Default Jiffy vs Bisquick

Heidi wrote:

> I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking
> mix in an Impossible Pie recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the
> formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and buy a box of
> another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.

It works just fine. Jiffy tastes a little different, Bisquick has a ton
more sodium than Jiffy and I'm not sure what else, but for technical
purposes you can swap the two. I've used them interchangeably for
decades and not noticed appreciable differences in baking -- other than
the salty taste Bisquick has.

Dawn