J@mes

> On UK radio recently they had the results of a nationwide survey into
> the top ten most "unused" gadgets purchased.The kind of things that
> seem a good idea in the shop but then sit on a shelf in your cupboard
> for a couple of years before being given away to a duistant aunt.
>
> I ought to point out that Bread making machines were in the top 5!
> BTW No1 was the footspa.
>
> Tregaque

Well, More than likely, The reason the survey came out the way it did, was
that you sent in a thousand votes for the bread maker and the footspa.
Just because a bunch of Brits in your town don't use them...doesn't mean
that bread machines are no good.
There's nothing better than coming home from work, throwing the ingredients
for french bread in the maker, setting it on dough... and going about your
business for 1hr. and 20 minutes (wait a minute, You use the metric system
over there!... How long would 1.33 hr. be over there in jolly ol' England?)
coming back Punching it down...
rolling and tossing it ''til it's around 18" (OOPS! sorry uh... 457.2 mm or
there abouts) Brushing the surface with extra virgin olive oil, throwing
about 6 oz./177 cc of tomato sauce on top, 226 or 227 grams of mozzarella
Cheese, another 200 grams of Black olives sliced, 454 grams Italian sausage
(cooked and crumbled), Some sautéed onions and green peppers maybe some
chopped fresh garlic... and possibly some crushed anise seeds... and about
226 grams of mozzarella on top of that... then slapping in a preheated 475°
(F) 246.111(C) for about... 11 minutes... uh sorry uh...
5.4545454545454545454545454545455 % of an hr.
Anyway.... Take about 20 minutes.... .33% of an hour, all told, hands on,
Much less time than it takes to go to one of the million (How do you say
million in metric) pizza joints here or wait 1.5 hr for the delivery...
BETTER TOO!
Then there's always a french loaf that you can make from the same
ingredients FRESH without putting on an apron of changing clothes, or going
to the store...

But SOME PEOPLE are traditionalists! They'd DIE rather than use a stinking
bread machine! Some people don't have any time so they buy all their
bread!