Cwdjrx _

Mark Lipton stated: "Of the few '61s that I've had, the standout was the
Lynch Bages, which should sell for roughly the same amount as the
Gruaud-Larose. Having not tasted the latter, I can't offer any sort of
comparison except to say that the Lynch Bages was exceptional, too.
Thanks for the notes, BTW -- most interesting."

I just looked up auction prices for several 1961s in the March issue of
Decanter. Prices are for a case of 12 bottles in Pounds. They include
buyer premiums, but not VAT.

Latour - 34100;
Petrus - 32000;
Mouton-Rothschild - 5750;
Palmer - 4180;
Lynch-Bages - 2035;
Ducru-Beaucaillou - 1925;
Gruaud-Larose - 1744;

The price of 61 Latour started going into orbit a few years ago, and now
it costs several thousand $US per bottle. It is a bit more expensive
than even the 61 Petrus, and it is equal to the quote of 34100 Pounds
for a case of 1985 Romanee-Conti which is the most expensive one from
1960 through 1990. The least expensive 61 Bordeaux on the Decanter
listing is 315 Pounds for a case of Talbot.

Reply to .