Janet Bostwick

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've recently taken up bread baking, and I'd love to find some good
> recipe books, specifically ones that describe either French bread or
> "batard" crusty loaf type things. Can anyone recommend a good one?
>
> Thanks!
>
> LM

There are techniques you will need to learn about to get to a good French
bread. There are two books that will give you all the information about how
the ingredients and technique work together to make bread. They are "The
Bread Bakers Apprentice" by Peter Reinhart and "Bread: A Baker's Book of
Technique and Recipes" by Jeffrey Hammelman. The recipes in both books
are very good and very well explained. I'd recommend getting one or both of
the books.

Come on over to alt.bread.recipes--we'd enjoy your company.
Janet