Old 12-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Jan Hall

say there, bubba. I set my own boundaries. however, you gave an amusing
performance. try not to be so completely anal.

"Dutch" wrote in message

"Jan Hall" wrote
In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to

the
coldness of a martinet....

She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at
work.
Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of speech. A
speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the case
here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.

"Rudy Canoza" wrote in message
ink.net...
Scented Nectar wrote:

A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like

many

others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb

should

agree with your noun.

It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
the evils of bad grammar.

You are an illiterate twit.