joseph b. rosenberg

You are really mixing, apples and oranges here, IMHO. The only thing in
common between Alsace and Germany is the riesling grape. Almost all Alsatian
wines are dry as opposed to QMP wines from Germany which try to reach a
balance between sweetness and acidity. Wines with riesling and chenin blanc
are not bad just because they are sweet. Thunderbird and Manishevitz Cream
Concord has given sweet wines a bad rep. JJPrum is one of the best wineries
in Germany, while Hugal's regular bottling are very good but not at the
highest levels. The Germans have tried to readjust their image, putting
trocken(dry) and haltrocken on labels to penetrate the American market.

The best wine I've ever tasted was a 1959 TBA by Schloss Vollrads and I've
had 45 Latour, 82 Petrus and countless d'Yquems. There is nothing like
eating an apple with a favourite from the Moselle.

--
Joseph B. Rosenberg
"Raymond" > wrote in message
> Hi
> Is there such a thing as lousy expensive wine? Almost everyone shuns

mildly