Dutch

"Jan Hall" > wrote
> In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
> point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to

the
> coldness of a martinet....

She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at work.
Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of speech. A
speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the case
here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.