Dave

Default Ping: General liability insurance for a Catering biz?

After years of owning/running a real estate business I've come to the
conclusion that do the whims of the business cycle that it would be a
prudent idea to have a secondary income stream. To that end I am in the
process of writing a business plan for catering Q. Please limit the
lectures on the % of failures, etc in the Q biz. Unlike most folks who have
this crazy idea, I've spent 6 months so far researching this thing and I do
believe that I have it just about figured out, but not all the way - hence
the business plan. I know from command experierence in the military that
most plans don't survive intact much past fist contact and that flexibility
to adapt to dynamic situations is a must. But I expect a lecture or two any
way.

Here is the problem: I have hit a solid road block in finding a company that
will provide me a quote for general liability insurance. (Don't need
workman's comp as only "owners" will provide labor.) Internet quote sites
don't respond, my business policy folks don't do "food", my home owners and
auto policy companies - same story. Other local companies refer me to
companies that don't return calls, and so the saga goes on. Anyone here have
a suggestion or two?
Dave on a mountain in Colorado.