Old 09-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Scott

If you did not get a response from Tim Vandergrift from Wine Expert then go
to www.winepress.us forums under the Wine Kits section. He co-moderates
it, and will respond to you promptly. Scott

"geo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Never did get any response to this posting about my White Merlot kit
from Wine Expert. Now I have a problem with it. Here's a brief
history.

Fermentation started on 1/9; racked from primary into the carboy on
1/17; stabilized and fined on 1/29, and racked again on 2/6.

It looked beautifully clear from the neck of the carboy down to a point
about an inch or two below the shoulder. From that point downward, was
kind of hazy. I figured it would clear in a week or two - but here it
is a month later, and there's very little change.
There is a very clear level above which this wine is very clear, and
below which it's hazy. It's been fined with the isinglass that came
with the kit (on the 29th).

There's a fair amount of sediment at the bottom of the carboy, so I'm
thinking about racking it this weekend. Should I subject it to another
fining at the same time? Or just wait?