Marcus

"Nemisis42" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Recently, I have become sick to my stomach every time I drink red wine.
> It isn't because I drink too much. I never have more than two glasses.
> I've never had this problem before, just the last several times I've
> had the red wine. This is so sad! I love to have the occasional glass
> of wine!
>
> So I would like some opinions. Have I developed an allergy? Is it
> tannins? Sulfides? Cheap wine (I usually don't buy it. It is usually
> bought by friends)? Anyone with similar experiences?

Try some that are sulfite-free.

"A few domestic wine producers have experimented with sulfite free wines,
noted by the absence of the "Contains sulfites" statement on the wine label.
If you purchase a sulfite free wine, remember that for the best flavor, a
sulfite free wine should be consumed during the first year in the bottle and
once the bottle is opened, it needs to be consumed within 24 hours."
http://www.fennvalley.com/soap%20boxes/sulfites.html

Organic, Sulfite-Free Wines:
http://www.healthytrader.com/wines.htm