Ranee Mueller

Default Need recipe ideas for precooked chicken breasts

In article >, Kajikit
> wrote:

> Because this week was supposed to be warm to hot (it was supposed to
> be 37C on Sunday!) we were organised and I cooked potato salad and
> panfried some chicken breasts on saturday night so we could have salad
> on the 'hot' days without having to use the stove and heat up the
> kitchen... only then it turned out to be darned cold (it's barely
> hitting 20) and it's going to stay that way! I've been eating potato
> salad sandwiches (potato salad and ham is yummy!) but I need something
> to do with the chicken... It's much too cold to sit there and face a
> plate of lettuce in the evening. Any ideas?

Chicken and wild rice casserole. Cook a mix of regular and wild rice
(or just regular). Make a bechamel sauce, season with thyme, s & p,
parmesan cheese and a little hot sauce. Chop up and saute (briefly)
veggies of your choice, I like onions, garlic, red peppers (capsicum),
asparagus, etc. Mix rice with veggies, chopped chicken and sauce, add
more s & p to taste if you wish. Top with toasted almonds and bake in a
medium oven for about 30-40 minutes.

Chicken salad, chicken rice salad with curry, chicken
tacos/burritos/enchiladas.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24