Dennis Rekuta

<snip>

> The fact that very few studies have been done to verify that
> microwaving foods is harmless seriously concerns me. Those few studies
> that have been done point to frightening conclusions that seriously
> concern me.

<snip>

Google is your friend. A few simple queries brought out several
citations from the National Institutes of Health, British, European and
Canadian government agencies on the safety of microwave cooking.
Microwave safety standards have been around for over 30 years. If the
only negative citations you find are from sources like Jane Russell's
and Dr. Mercola's quack web sites; and you automatically assume all
government agencies are part of some evil conspiracy; then there will be
no convincing you. Even Vegetarian Times endorses the use of microwave
ovens in some recipes. Are they stooges as well? I have run into this
kind of thinking elsewhere.

There is currently a poster named Tom on alt.support.glaucoma who cannot
understand why both patients and doctors are willing to use inherently
dangerous pressure lowering prescription eye drops to prevent(even
though they have safely and effectively been in use for between five to
thirty years depending on the med). Tom advocates that people should be
exploring the use of marijuana, a natural product that has been around
for thousands of years. It was pointed out to him that studies indicate
that marijuana only seemed to produce temporary lowering of ocular
pressures for the duration of the time that you took enough to be
"stoned", and once enough TCH left your system for you to be able to
carry out everyday functions, any medical effect was gone. Tom
essentially stated that it would be better to be "stoned" all of the
time than to risk the side effects of drops.

The whole thread can be read at:

http://snipurl.com/d8vi

Dennis