Katra

Default Need recipe ideas for precooked chicken breasts

In article >,
Kajikit > wrote:

> Because this week was supposed to be warm to hot (it was supposed to
> be 37C on Sunday!) we were organised and I cooked potato salad and
> panfried some chicken breasts on saturday night so we could have salad
> on the 'hot' days without having to use the stove and heat up the
> kitchen... only then it turned out to be darned cold (it's barely
> hitting 20) and it's going to stay that way! I've been eating potato
> salad sandwiches (potato salad and ham is yummy!) but I need something
> to do with the chicken... It's much too cold to sit there and face a
> plate of lettuce in the evening. Any ideas?
>
> ~Karen AKA Kajikit

I actually buy the pre-cooked frozen chicken breasts sometimes from HEB
for my dinners at work. :-)

I get the italian spiced ones and a container of marinara sauce, and
some shredded mozarella cheese.

Place the chicken breast on the bottom of a disposable ziplock container
and pour some marinara sauce over it, then top with mozarella.

Nuke it until the cheese melts.

Consume when it's cooled to a safe temp.

Pre-cooked chicken breasts are also excellent sliced thin and added to
salads. I prefer to use baby spinach leaves in place of lettuce.

Or, shred them up and make chicken salad.

K.