Andrew Goldfinch

Default TN: Torbreck 2002 The Steading

I split a box of this Grenache (60%) Shiraz (20%) Mataro (20%) with a mate
and pulled the top off a bottle to see where its at. Brilliant bright red
with a big fruity sniff of brambley berries. Follows through on the palate
with excellent concentrated fruit flavours, some spice and a terriffic
muscular texture. Nice long finish of dark berries and spice. It was still a
little dusty and some firmish tannins that grab pretty quickly makes me want
to put this in a quiet, dark, cool place for 7 or 8 years. But <sigh> I know
it just won't last that long. Very good wine this and at $28.80 Oz a bottle
great value.
Cheers Andrew