Tea

Default Hershey's European Cocoa--WHERE BUY?

"Khawla Samar" > wrote in message
m...
> (cynthia mason) wrote in message

> > Hershey's European is Dutch processed chocolate. It is darker and
> > milder. Droste also makes Dutch chocolate. You might try that if yoou
> > can find it.

> this sounds like very delicious chocolate.I may try it when i travel to
> Europe and i will try and find a shop which sells this kind of chocolate

and
> forward the address of the shop to this news group site.

Dutch processed cocoa should be easy to find in pretty much any supermarket
in Europe. I know that in the US, Droste is all over the place. there are
plenty of other brands, too, most of which taste better and richer than
Droste or the American version of Hershey (I have not tried the European
version, so I can't really comment). If you go to a gourmet food shop in
Europe, you will no doubt find brands that will leave both the brands
mentioned in the shade. In fact, I'm using up my cocoa as quickly as
possible so that I will have an excuse o buy Scharffen-Berger, a brnd out of
the Western US that stacks up against many European cocoas.

Other good brands of cocoa include Bensdorp, Ibarra (I've found it in Mexico
and the US), Schokinaq, and many others. Most of these can probably be
found through markets on the Internet.