Gee Gregory,
I am so sorry you are having an bad experience with your pump.
Even though I have only been pumping 2 days I notice far better
control, more comfortable in my own body and a nice level basal.
I have found my MiniMed to be waterproof and my mother who travels the
wolrd has never had a bit of a problem with one exception. She stayed
in Russia two days longer than she had planned and could not go to a
local pharmacy to get extra supplies although, they are available there
off the shelf with no script.
Things worked well as she went on to Germany. I love my MiniMed pump
and their service has been exquisite.
Their support for my mother has been constanst all over this world.
You will soon find problems with Animas as there are problems with all
pumps,,,,after all they only have a human to program them.
John