Lynn Gifford

Default How to make stroganoff sauce?

(Carmen Dioxide) wrote in message . com>...

(Lynn Gifford) wrote >I THINK
> > the only basic difference between Stroganov and Boeuf Bourguinone
> > (sp?) is the Bourguinone.

> You THINK incorrectly. Get a Julia Child cookbook, a basic french
> regional cookbook or just Google.

Look, Turkey - I wrote THINK because, although my Stroganov is from a
good Russian cookbook, I haven't made Boeuf Bourguinone ofen enough to
have memorized the recipe.

FYI I own four Julia Child cookbooks (having bought the first one when
I was about 20) and I have perused the Gastronomique at length but
have not read it cover to cover.

Ask around, honey, I didn't fall off no turnip truck yesterday.

Lynn from Fargo
(where, contrary to popular belief, not all food is white)