Jeff Strickland

"Erich" > wrote in message
> > In my opinion it would, in any case, have taken years of construction to
> > build such a thing, with great effort, since it was in the middle of
> > nowhere. Use of explosives would probably have been detected.

Otherwise,
> > digging by hand would have taken even longer and perhaps large groups of
> > people and that would have been detected also.

> Have you seen that hilarious clip of Rumsfeld on "Meet The Press" where

he,
> with the help of illustrations that seemed to be the blueprints for
> something out of a Bond movie, described these underground caves,

fortresses
> even, with offices, bedrooms, hydro-electro power, air ventilation

systems,
> entrances large enough to drive in trucks and tanks, etc, etc. It was just
> nuts.

Relatively easy to do if keeping them secret was not an objective.

We have our entire missile defense infrastructure housed underground, what
makes you think that only Americans know how to dig a tunnel complex? It is
absurd to suggest that hiding stuff in tunnels and caves is nuts.