Dave S

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
>> Puter Luger's Porterhouse steaks by mail order cost $42.50 a pound
>> (with the shipping). Fairway has Prime Porterhouse Steaks on sale
>> for about $10 a pound. Their aged steaks might be $15 or $16
>> dollars/lb or maybe more.
>>

> Where is Fairway? You don't mean the one in Worcester do you? I 've
> never seen prime in there, only select.

It's probably not the Fairway you or the OP was referring to, but,
I'm posting because I thought this price was far too low for prime beef!
Last week Adams Fairacre Farms in Poughkeepsie, NY had prime
rib steaks or roasts for sale at, I (dis)believe, $7.99/lb.
Or so it said in their ad. No, I didn't have time to buy any :-(

http://www.adamsfarms.com/

Can anyone from the Hudson Valley confirm or comment?
Is this common pricing? It could justify another, non-business, trip.

I finally got their current ad to load with Internet Explorer:
prime porterhouse at $11.99/lb!

http://www.adamsfarms.com/pok/pok_food.pdf

Dave S

Posting with TBird,