Puter Luger's Porterhouse steaks by mail order cost $42.50 a pound
(with the shipping). Fairway has Prime Porterhouse Steaks on sale for
about $10 a pound. Their aged steaks might be $15 or $16 dollars/lb
or maybe more.

I stay away from aged after having a few bad experiences in Bryant
and Cooper in Roslyn, NY and L'Endroit in East Hills (They also made a
$10 error in the bill, in their favor). Both happened at least 10 to
15 years ago and today I would have sent them back. I'm sorry I
didn't then.

Last night we BBQed Stop & Shop Porterhouse that was $4.99 but it was
choice. The fillet part great but the shell side was a bit chewier
than prime but still terrific.

http://store.yahoo.com/peterluger/ourstory.html