Dori A Schmetterling

The OP might be a troll but it is an interesting topic nevertheless.

Actually there were a couple of programmes on UK TV the other week that put
forward this contention that 'Al Quaeda' is not all-encompassing
organisation and that the way it has been built up and used by governments
to pass laws limiting civil liberties is quite Orwellian.

There are groups of terrorists (obviously) but they act independently or, at
least, autonomously. The US and other governments handed certain terrorist
leaders a golden opportunity and now quite a few people claim to act on
behalf of this ubiquitous Al Quaeda.

Frankly, however much I am acutely aware of terrorism and its dangers I have
always had my doubts about this 'organisation'. The US and then the British
forces found absolutely nothing in Tora Bora (or wherever it was they were
looking in Afghanistan) and there was no evidence of some network of caves
in the Afghan hills.

In my opinion it would, in any case, have taken years of construction to
build such a thing, with great effort, since it was in the middle of
nowhere. Use of explosives would probably have been detected. Otherwise,
digging by hand would have taken even longer and perhaps large groups of
people and that would have been detected also.

Etc etc.

DAS

---