Brad Houser

Default New ECB with Mods and Picture

You may recall my first attempt at Q with the slightly modified ECB
(http://tinyurl.com/5faqb). I took the advice of drilling holes in the
bottom and adding a 13.5" grill for a Weber to separate the ashes from the
lumps.

My 13.5 lb port butt from the big box store was $1.45 a lb. Less than $20
for two huge hunks of meat.

My plan was to do the Modified Armadillo Willy's Rub:
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/pork1.html
but my wife insisted on variety so she coted one in her secret Achiote
sauce.

Despite wind and rain (solved by placing ECB out of the wind and under a
patio umbrella), I was able to smoke the two buts in 9 hours. I was not
happy with the crumbs of mesquite that weren't burning well, so I threw the
whole thing out and restarted, Minion style with hand picked lumps.

The results were great:

http://www.geocities.com/bradhouser/porkbutt2.jpg

Now they want more!

Brad Houser