Rob

Twinings English Breakfast is one of my all-time favourite teas. I
always let it steep for four full minutes. I take it without milk or
sugar, and do not find it to be tannic at all.

Twinings also makes the best Earl Grey I've ever tasted. I like their
Ceylon teas (Ceylon, Ceylon Breakfast, Ceylon Orange Pekoe), but not as
much as the English Breakfast. "1706" and "Classic" are both
excellent. Classic is very strong, as is Traditional Afternoon. I've
never quite understood why Traditional Afternoon is so very strong -
stronger than any of the breakfast blends.

I do not like Twinings Darjeeling, or their Irish Breakfast. Lady Grey
is not bad, if you like light, citrus flavoured teas; not really my
thing.

Twinings teas may not be up to the connoisseur's standards, but I think
that they have struck the right balance of being far better than most
mass-produced teas, while still being widely available and within the
budgets of most people. For anyone who is new to the world of tea,
Twinings is an excellent place to start experimenting to get an idea of
what you like. Later, you can move on to more expensive and exotic
teas if you like, or you can continue to enjoy the products of a
company that has been providing the world wtih quality teas for nearly
300 years now.