Johnny Mc

> Whats the point of a wild pork roast if you want to make it taste like a
> boring roast from the supermarket? If I were you, I'd find a mix of
> spices and seasonings that would accentuate the wild taste. otherwise, Id
> give the roast to someone who likes the wild flavors and go buy something
> from your local supermarket.

Hummmmm, along that line of thinking, why season meat at all. You are
covering up the taste of the meat with seasoning, why even add salt. The
reason I soak it in buttermilk to reduce the gamey taste is the same reason
you season any meat........ are you ready for the answer..... here it
is...... to make it taste better when served to my family. If it is too
gamey, they won't eat it, if I take measures to make it taste good they eat
it all and go back for seconds. You really should know this. And it will not
taste anything like a roast from a supermarket, trust me.
Also, I got 150 lbs. of pork for the cost of a 75 cent bullet. At a
supermarket they would charge me $300. You say give it away? Why would I
give pork that can be soaked, marinade, seasoned, cooked and enjoyed?
Thanks for the comments, but they are of no use. Worse than a Troll!

--

I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
Johnny Mc