JakBQuik

"Johnny Mc" > wrote in message

> Okay I will up the temp, but how will I keep it from drying out at 300F?

Johnny--

Gitcha a meat thermometer. Cook that roast at 200 to 325, doesn't really
matter, tho the higher temps will save you some time.

That roast doesn't have a lot of collogen like a brisket or a Boston butt
(it's like a tenderloin, just a tube of meat) , so it doesn't benefit so
much from a low and slow and LONG cook. Shorter is better, sometimes.

You just need to get the center to about....I'm guessing here...about 140
for medium juicy pork. I'm sure others will have ideas concerning different
temps.

But get a thermometer. It's not the end all do all, but it helps.

You might try to find Allegro marinade in your store. Takes the gamey twang
off usually.

John in Austin