Piedmont

Default A great cookbook!

I just picked up a new cookbook that was at my local library and wanted
to pass on information about it.

It's called, "Steaks, Chops, Roasts, and Ribs". By the editors of
Cook's Illustrated Magazine. ISBN: 0-936184-78-7

I think anyone here would be interested in having it to add to they're
collection. It is a very detailed and informative cook book. It
explains and show diagrams of meat cuts as from the animal and then the
cuts you'll find in the grocers.

They cover oven cooking, grilling, indirect, direct, sauces, Chili
recipes. I don't get too excited about cook books but this is the first
one that I have seen that I beleive would greatly benefit those just
starting out and those that like to review the fine points.

For example, they talk about bacon and cooking bacon in fry pan, oven
amd microwave, what they did, what they saw and tasted and then they're
recommendation as to which gave the best results. They do this through
out the book.

They detail cooking in the Weber Kettle, gas and kitchen oven. There is
a basic bbq sauce recipe that has variations for Mexican , Asian and
Caribbean flavors using the first sauce as a base. Also some basic dry
rubs too, along with 2 Carolina sauces.

The link below is to Amazon.com where the book is located.

Regards: Mike WIllsey (Piedmont)