Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Garrett Fulton"
> wrote:

> "Ribitt" > wrote in message
> > What's your end use? In a soup or a chili the frozen chunks have always
> > worked well for me and they don't have to be rehydrated.

> That's it. Chili and soup mostly. I'll try your freezing method
> when I get a batch this year. I never figured they'd freeze worth
> anything, so never tried. Thanks.
>
> Garrett

Freeze the dice flat on a cookie sheet and then store long term loose in
a bag. Easy to get just as many as you want for anything

Also, it's been years since I've done this, but even freezer larger
chunks (1x1" squares?) was okay for a stir fry from a frozen state if
you didn't give them very much time at all in the skillet. Not perfect
but acceptable in my sight.
--
-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com>; Sam pics added 2-7-05