gene

The heater is fine for heating water, but the concentrated heat at the
surface of the heating element is more than I'd prefer to come into
contact with my grapes/wine. It won't hurt you when you get slight
carmelization in the must, though I'd expect a bit of oxidized flavor (a
la sherry). You be the judge. Gene