Vox Humana

"Dog3" > wrote in message
1...

> I lived in Columbus for 3 years. I lived in Bexley on Parkview. My
> apartment was in the Parkview Arms about a block from Tarpys on Main

Street
> in Bexley. I hung out in German Village and ate at Lindeys 3-4 times a
> week. I also liked the Firehouse and Max & Ermas. I fled Columbus. I did
> not like it there.

North Parkview - home of the governor's mansion and Les Wexner before he
bought the whole village of New Albany. Nice neighborhood. My partner
managed a store in Bexley at the Towne and Country center but we lived in
Victorian Village.

I went to OSU for 8 years and lived and worked in Columbus for about 10
years after graduation. I really liked Columbus because it was clean and
easy to get around. I find it much more progressive than Cincinnati. Back
in the early 1970s there wasn't much happening there, but now it is much
better. At one time there were few decent places to eat. The Swill Chalet
was on Dublin-Granville Road near Cleveland avenue. At that time fine
dining was the Brown Derby, the Wine Cellar, The Jai Lai, Christopher Inn,
Marzetti's, and a couple of steak houses like the Top. One bright spot was
the Engine House. I often went to their lower level restaurant, "The Spot,"
for late evening casual meals. We especially enjoyed the Charlie's Chowder
with a salad and that great bread. My other favorite place was the Jai Lai
where I had a house charge account. I had lunch there at least twice a week
and often ate dinner there on week nights. I remember Max and Erma's when
they had only the original German Village location. The franchised heavily
and then had lots of problems. They are back into the expansion mode but
the food is awful now and the menu is very weak. One open near me and after
giving them a try we felt there was no reason to return.