Ray Calvert

Yes they are the same thing as used on a good whisky bottle. I have one of
the vacuum pump wine savers and used it a few times, then quit. It pumps
out some of the air but leaves the bottle under vacuum and it seems to me
that the volatiles come out of solution and that changes the taste of the
wine. I would rather keep some splits (375 ml wine bottles) around and I
just pour left over wine into the smaller bottle and use the taster cork on
it. It will keep that way for several days or a week.

Just the way I do things and maybe just my opinion and prejudice.

Ray