Yeah, very surprised by the complexity...

I was working in VA (just outside DC) a few years ago. There was a farm
near my office complex. One of the farmers would smoke a large pig
every day in a homemade smoker he kept right by the road. At lunch
time, we would all go over there to get $5.00 plates of pretty decent
Q. By 2:30 he would sell all the meat and always had a pretty
impressive wad of cash (income tax free).
When I lost my job, I stopped in for my last meal and thought to myself
"..this guy with a 3rd grade education has the best gig in town and
sleeps much better than me....".

Nat