Emery Davis

Default TN: 84 Burgess Cabernet-Sauvignon

I posted a note on this in 2001, then forgot about it. I still have
one bottle left, which I will drink soon.

Bottle had very good level, again the cork was a mess. Short cork.

A big grape and spice nose, but quickly dissipating. Color quite brick, a little
short in the mouth but with nice leather and spice overlaying solid dried
fruit and raspberry. Very pleasant, but fading I thought at first. This bottle
then exhibited the peculiarity of gaining in body and structure over the
1.5 hours or so it was open. Unusual for a bottle of this age. All in all more
claret-like than west-coast.

84 was the year Adele and I started dating, so this seemed like a good
Valentine's offering. What did you folks open to fete the day with a loved one?

-E

P.S. Here's my note on the same wine from 01:

Veering slightly toward brick in color but still dark
purple in the center, with a strong nose of
black cherry and vanilla, very silky, medium
long, still a bit of green oak in the structure,
very nice raspberry, vanilla oak, maybe a hint of
red gooseberry, chocolate, bit of spice. Not dried
out!

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to