Chef Juke

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:29:48 +0700, "Daniel"
> wrote:

>"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Hotair wrote:
>>
>> > I'm a bit late with reading this but congratulations Dave & Jill.
>> > Hope to see you again this summer.

>> Thanks, Dave. Look forward to seeing you anytime :-)
>> --
>> Dave
>> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
>> http://davebbq.com/

>Amazing NG!
>I know several Newsgroups where a post similar to the one of Dave would
>have been followed by a bunch of nasty comments based on "spam",
>"advertising" and the like.
>Here, no, everybody jump to heartfully and sincerely congratulate him.
>So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
>1 - For this award, for sure.
>2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it is.
>And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)
>Cheers
>Daniel

Well David,

You'd have to know a little bit of the history of this newsgroup.
Dave B. was a major contributing member of this NG long before he
opened his BBQ joint this last October. Anyone who's been reading the
NG for more than 6 months has been able to follow some of the progress
as Dave moved from 'Enthusiast' to 'proprietor'. A number of us even
traveled up to his grand opening to show our support.

So it's not about someone spamming or posting a commercial post. It's
one of the newgroup regulars sharing their experience.

For pics of Dave's opening, check out http://www.chefjuke.com/daves/

Cheers,

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com