Samartha Deva

HUTCHNDI wrote:
> Samartha wrote:
>
>>I don't get the seasoning question. Doesn't that depend on your recipe?

> No no, I had read something about seasoning buy heating incrementaly, a bit
> at a time, to get the tiles used to the heat or something or else they would
> crack upon reaching 500 degrees. Isnt the process that makes these tiles
> hotter than that? Is this something I should consider?

Ok, got it. But I sure don't know anything about it, nor did I do
anything in this direction. I sometimes wash the tiles and they soak up
a lot of water which makes more steam in the oven than usual.

Maybe this seasoning applies to the more expensive baking tiles ($ 30)so
they don't break. Maybe it releases steam from humidity somehow
accumulated since they were fired and to prevent the loss of ($30), this
procedure is recommended - my cheapo tiles are expected to break and my
thinking is that the expensive one's will break at one point anyway, so...

The cheapo tiles are intended to be put on floors and sure would not
need any seasoning there, so strictly seen - it's illegal use depriving
the oven tile companies of their rightful profit - right;-)

Have fun!

Samartha