Ellen

"HUTCHNDI" > wrote in message
news:r5zPd.58725$jn.50647@lakeread06...
> I know, I am being a pest.
>
> I just picked up some unglazed quarry tiles at Lowes. 8"x8"x1/2"....Does
> anybody have any experience using them or a link that may be helpful? I am
> wondering things like do I need a space for air circulation between the
> walls, do I bake directly on them or use parchment, do they need to be
> seasoned, can I leave them in place all the time, ....

You can bake directly on them or put the bread on parchment and then put it
on the tiles. I do one or the other depending on the bread. Doesn't seem to
make any difference in the end result. You can remove the paper half way
thru the bake or not.

I butt them together and then leave about an inch or so around the outside
edges for circulation.

They don't need to be seasoned and when you self-clean the oven just leave
them in. As to leaving them in the oven all the time, that's OK also. I take
mine out sometimes and leave them in sometimes when I am not baking bread
but not for any reasons having to do with them interfering with baking
anything else.

Ellen