Default Automatic bread making

Hi,
I recently bought a Kenmore KTR2300 automatic bread maker and I have a
few concerns. My reason for buying it was to hopefully make bread
consistantly, that was cheaper than 'store bought' bread but more
importantly, healthier. I don't want hydrogenated oils, salt, sugar,
eggs or any other ingredients that are not necessary fur making bread,
which I can then use for sandwiches. I want to use 100% whole wheat
flower.

The recipe book that cam with the unit has a whole wheat recipe which I
have tried. But, I have calculated that a single slice of sandwich size
bread, using this recipe, will be about double the calories of the
normal 90-100 calories per slice 'store bought' bread that I normally
buy. This doesn't seem right to me.

Can you advise me of a simple recipe for making 100 percent whole wheat
bread with as little extra ingredients as possible?

Also, the manual that came with the Kenmore bread maker did not mention
anything about what to expect when the machine is kneading the dough.
My machine seems to labor very hard at it, as though the dough is way
to stiff. Is this normal, or do I have too little liquid in the mix?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have for this somewhat confused,
and not terribly "handy in the kitchen" bachelor ;-)