Emery Davis

On 10 Feb 2005 22:39:47 GMT, Santiago > said:

] "Christian Lehmann" > wrote in
] om:
]
] > Hello,
] >
] > which 2002 red french wine would you recommend to store until at least
] > 2018? I would buy this one for my daughter, born in 2002, for her to
] > taste when she reaches drinking age (16 here in Germany). I have a
] > special favor for Southern Rhone (because of many wonderful vacations
] > we spent there), but this vintage was supposedly quite bad in this
] > area. Would a Bordeaux or Burgundy be a better choice? I appreciate
] > any opinion, thanks in advance!
] >
] > Christian
]
] Hi Christian,
]
] I suppose that if it has to be red (why no Sauternes, instead?), Burgundy
] is the answer, since it is supposed to be a great vintage. However, if it
] was me, I would go for a Chateau Margaux 2002 which seemed to me to have

Hi,

Definitely stay away from the southern Rhone, unless you're willing to really do
some picking and choosing. There may be a few bottles with that sort of
longevity in 2002, but generally the vintage was problematic.

I think Bourgogne, too. Should be a few that will go the distance without
destroying your wallet. How about a Clos des lambrays?

Nice to see your post, Santiago, seems you had gone missing for a while.
We need more Iberians here obviously. Planning a trip to the Anjou anytime
soon?

-E

--
Emery Davis