parrotheada1a

If I were you Al, I'd save some cash and buy the Benriner mandoline.
Available from the same place.
http://www.quickspice.com/cgi-bin/So...2+11080852 10

I've had one for 3 years now and it really does the job. The smallest
comb blade is very nice for shredded daikon and will last a long time
if you take care of it. The bigger comb blades are good too, especially
for stir fry ingredients. Cleanup is VERY easy. the whole affair can
be put into the top rack of a dishwasher without worry.

The turning slicers are great if you are going for making big
quantities of veggies; Or if you want to do something like ribbon
fries.