dgs

Bruce wrote:

> Just caught a travel show about Colonial Williamsburg. They mentioned
> that everything recreated there is true to the period including the
> tavern. Does this mean they are serving the types of ale available in
> the colonies at the time of Revolution and dispensed correctly for the
> time?

No, they don't go quite that far. I think the closest you'll come to
something like that are the Yards ales brewed for a colonial-style
restaurant in downtown Philadelphia, but that's obviously not anywhere
near Williamsburg.

> Does anyone know? Might be an interesting beer trip if the ale
> and method of dispensing are recreated.

They aren't. The best you can do for beer in Williamsburg is to
walk to a more commercial part of town and park your arse at the
Green Leaf, where a pretty good selection of microbrews are on offer,
but they're all keg - none of them are cask-conditioned.
--
dgs