vincent p. norris

>Just caught a travel show about Colonial Williamsburg. They mentioned
>that everything recreated there is true to the period including the
>tavern.

I can't vouch for that, but I can tell you that many millions of J.D.
Rockefeller's dollars were spent, and extreme care was taken, by
archaeologists, historians, etc., to make the restoration as accurate
as humanly possible.

>Does this mean they are serving the types of ale available in
>the colonies at the time of Revolution and dispensed correctly for the
>time?

Don't know about that, either. I flew my little puddle jumper in and
planned to fly out later, so it was tea for me. IIRC, Tom Jefferson,
Pat Henry and that crowd drank tankards of rum, not ale. Men were men
in those days.

> Might be an interesting beer trip if the ale and method of dispensing are recreated.

It is a hell of an interesting trip even if you have to drink (Retch!)
bud or millers. It's a fantastic place. I've been there half a dozen
times, and am ready to return.

vince norris