Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Dutch" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Ron" > wrote

> >> Every publication of this sort has a review board that discuss changes to
> >> the language before each new edition. It's a collaborative process.
> >> English
> >> is an "open source" language. Sometimes words or meanings become broadly
> >> accepted.

> > Yes, I noticed this about the sources that you've asked us to accept.

> I haven't asked you to accept anything. I said that this new generic meaning
> of troll is becoming so common that it will probably soon be appearing in
> print. If you feel it worthwhile to disagree with that opinion, then I
> couldn't care less. If you feel you should deny the right of encyclopedia
> and dictionary boards to make such assessments, fill yer boots.

A nice diversion, however, I think I was clear in making a distinction
between reputable sources and those that aren't. You consider what can
be googled to be reputable, I don't. You consider Wikipedia as a
reputable encyclopedia, I don't. Free and reputable are different.

> > I've noted a degree of hypocrisy as well. You will, for example, make
> > requests or ask question for me to declare my credentials to speak on
> > addiction or anorexia, but you are free to write what you please.

> I asked for credentials on addiction or anorexia from you? How foolish of
> me, you obviously have none.

I notice that you are declaring your credential to speak on these topics!