Ernie

"Marcella Peek" wrote
>I tripped over this piece of paper in our office yesterday. It is
> clearly something my husband ripped out of Sunset magazine years ago -
> back in the day before they put the date on the pages. We've never
> tried it, but for those who regularly ask how to make sourdough in a
> bread machine it's a start:

Marcella,
The secret to making Sourdough Bread seems to be Starter, Temperature and
Time. Get a cup full of active starter, mix the dough and keep it in a warm
place (90 F) for 9 hours, shape the loaf, keep it in a warm place (90 F) for
8 hours, bake until the center of the loaf is 190 F. If you want bigger
holes in the bread make the dough wetter. Adding a tablespoon of Rye Flour
to the starter makes a more sour loaf and adding a 1/4 teaspoon of Ascorbic
Acid to the dough makes a loftier loaf.
Ernie