MRTL

"Thomas Cormen" wrote in message news:...
> "MRTL" writes:
> > When we were off the beaten path in SC we found a yellow BBQ sauce that
> > was
> > tart and based on mustard. Really great stuff, but we have no idea what
> > was
> > really in it and though we've seen a couple of recipes nothing has come
> > even
> > close to what we had there.

> My atlas doesn't have "off the beaten path, SC" in it. Just where in
> SC were you? I ate at the famous Maurice's Piggy Park in Columbia,
> and there's no way I'd ever permit that yellow crap he serves to
> travel down my gullet ever again. I'd like to find a good
> mustard-based sauce. If it's based on yellow mustard, it is by
> definition baaaaaad.

We were on horseback, near the Saluda River about four miles from
Offthebeatenpath Creek. Actually, I have no idea exactly what towns we were
in, but we ate bbq 2-3 times on that week-long trip - always the same sauce,
always great. I've never tried Maurice's, but a friend who was with us
shares your opinion.