Vox Humana

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I'm sensing a bit of arrogance in this group, its like people are using
> > this group as a means of establishing their own preference as some sort
> > of law of baked goods.
> > The Point: I think you need to stop being so judgemental about
> > something as trivial as bread, not everyone has the time or space to
> > allow a bread to rise for 13 hours, so 75 minutes for a decent loaf of
> > freshly baked bread isn't that bad. And hey, when I have 13 hours to
> > kill, when I am 80, I will try rising the bread for the 'required
> > time.'
> > Aaron, wondering if this group should be called the
> > rec.foods.yeast-growing-discussion

> I don't think this group is being so judgmental as it is helpful; in that
> they would like people to realize that there are differences in the taste

of
> bread that has risent longer. I recall going to a famous bread store that
> had a good reputation and we wanted to share this good bread with friends

of
> ours who were with us. They got all stiff and resistant and even though

we
> sat and ate some that we purchased at the store, they wouldn't even taste
> it. They had no curiousity how it tasted, nor an inclination to buy a

loaf
> and take it home.
> Different strokes.
> Dee

I love people who post messages calling people names and then accuse
everyone else of being judgmental. I also wonder if "Aaron" bothered to
read much of what people have written. I do recall the word "refrigerator"
mentioned a number of times. That is, you don't have to sit there
monitoring the dough for 13 hours. You simply put it in the refrigerator
and get about your normal business. Also, the baking police aren't going to
jail you for baking the way that you want. Just because I don't like
something or recommend a particular method doesn't mean that anyone is
required to agree. I think it is best to know the basics and strive for the
ideal. Sometimes you have to compromise, but if no one ever bothers with a
discussion of the ideal, then we are all doomed to mediocrity. Ignorance may
be bliss, but it doesn't lead to good baking.